My new motivational hip-hop album, “Remix Your Reality” is in the works!
This album is designed to help young people overcome their struggles by delivering motivation and personal development in the form of hot beats, clever rhymes, and catchy hooks.
To help make the album, we are turning to caring citizens like you who believe in the power of personal development and music to change lives. Our goal is to get this album in the hands of every teenager who hears me speak or attends one of my workshops, and your support will help the album become a reality.
If you’d like to learn more about the project, watch the video above, and you can check out the fun rewards and support the project on Kickstarter.
I’m writing and performing the raps on the album, and Joe “Focus” Martinez will be lending his soulful voice to the choruses. The multi-talented Ivy LaClair is co-executive producing the album and coordinating all of the design and marketing. Check out the themes for the album, which we hope will inspire adults as well as teens!
- Remix Your Reality - Your perceptions dictate your ability to build the life you want.
- Story - We are in control of what things mean to us.
- Just Opportunities - Every "problem" can be perceived as an opportunity.
- Failure – We can change our perspective that "failure is bad" to "failure is part of the process."
- Suffering - Bad things in our lives have actually prepared us for success
- Success – We define success for ourselves.
- Overwhelm – We can adjust our expectations of what we should or should not be able to do right now and focus on one step at a time.
- Underappreciated and Misunderstood - Everyone is going through a struggle we know nothing about.
- Boredom is a choice - You can get something out of every situation or moment.
- Self-awareness – You only truly have control over yourself and your perceptions (not others’ actions or other circumstances).
It’s been 4 years since my album Scholar came out, so I’m excited to be back in the studio. I hope you’ll come along for the journey! Who knows, you might even remix your own reality along the way… :-)